Ethernet Service Testers for Carrier Ethernet/Metro Ethernet
Most incumbent and competitive carriers and cable operators are deploying Ethernet services for enterprises, called Carrier Ethernet or Metro Ethernet. The advantage of these services is the cost effectiveness, enabling subscribers to throw all the MIS equipments into service providers’ data center. It makes a big challenge for providers to maintain stable and secure Ethernet services with low CAPEX and OPEX.
Providers deploying Carrier/Metro Ethernet, would have service requirements such as:
- What bandwidth is committed to customers and at what rate the network resources are being consumed.
- Respond quickly to changes in customer demand.
- Provide all aspects of service management, efficiently and effectively.
- Offer a level of reliability expected from Metro and WAN services.
- Communicate Ethernet service attributes with my customers and partners in a consistent, uniform format.
- Integrate into end to end manageable services.
- Reflect the efficiencies of Ethernet in costs and prices to customers.
In addition to the critical issues above, providers need to face the followings as well.
- Increasing setup-test when deployment.
- Time to configure and confirm net management.
- Time to fix when fail recovery.
In order to solve the issues, the solution for setup test should be:
- High Cost Performance
- Smaller and Lighter
- Simple, Faster and more Reliable
Figure 1: Reduction of CAPEX and OPEX
Artiza’s Ethernet Setup-Tester EST/GEST-1K offers:
Simple 3 steps to make sure the QoS
- Flow Setup: End End & NW Center End
- Bits in the Frame: Make sure the correct frame on both side
- Bandwidth: Make sure SLA up to wire-line rate.
Figure 2: EST Setup-Test Example