A Major Carrier Ethernet Operator Case
A major Carrier Ethernet service provider had issues as follows:
- Increasing deployment but the budget is limited.
- Subscribers ask to show bandwidth guaranteed even without their traffic.
- Field technicians know about telephone, but no knowledge of Ethernet.
Artiza proposes to use GEST-1Ks/XEST-1s for Carrier Ethernet Setup-testing.
- Field technician brings GEST-1K/XEST-1 to subscriber and connect to the service line, then make a phone call to test engineer in network center to tell “Setup-test is ready".
- Test engineers in network center carry out the setup-test with remote control.
- When setup-test is over, the engineer in network center makes a phone call to the field engineer to notify “Test is over".
- The field engineer leaves subscriber site.
- That's it!
They have introduced more than 2,000 GEST-1Ks/XEST-1s eventually for Setup-test for deployment and fail recovery. They have succeeded to reduce deployment cost dramatically.